Monday, July 11, 2011

Ahhh Memories

So I am trying to stay positive even though my stomach has been temperamental as of late.

When I was living in Israel during university my roommate made the most amazing carrot salad, with raisins and pineapple. While perusing blogs this week one of my go to recipe bloggers posted a carrot salad and I was inspired to make it. Carrots seem to be on my mind this week because I was also enticed by a flourless carrot cake. mmmm.

Anyway so here is my creation- 3 servings
Summer Sweetness Carrot Salad

3 carrots
1 tsp agave
¼ cup raisins
1 tsp olive oil

Protein options
½ cup chickpeas
Soak chickpeas overnight and then cook them in boiling water for about an hour. Check to make sure water hasn't boiled off. Cook until desired consistency. 

Tofu- baked in olive oil, garlic powder and salt for 30-45 mins at 175. keep baking until crispy on all sides.

Mix all ingredients and let sit in fridge for a few hours before serving.

I used both the tofu and chickpeas but I think next time I'll stick with the chickpeas or go with black lentils. I also would have added a bit more sweetener or gone with pineapple for sweetness and liquid.

No comments:

Post a Comment