Thursday, July 28, 2011

Eats and Sweats

Monday - Wednesday was on seminars and was stressed and HOT! so no appetite and bad food to eat made me miserable.

Decided I needed an overhaul which unfortunately won't quite work because I am running another seminar this weekend which means no control over food and stress. Mostly I need to keep working on portion control and have appropriate snacks just in case (but not binge on the snacks)

Today I woke up and did some yoga. I realized even 30 minutes of yoga in the morning makes me feel so good. I need to keep doing this.

Met the boyf  for breakfast and wasn't super hungry and had already decided I wanted to have a smoothie for breakfast so I got a mango-strawberry with soy milk smoothie. And I broke me 2 week streak with an iced soy latte. I HAD TO! I also had a few bites of his Israeli salad.

Then I got home and trolled the internet and did some work and got a bit hungry. I decided that I need to be basing a lot of meals with rice or another good grain because it does help with my digestion. I had some buckwheat from forever ago that I have wanted to use so I made that. Then I added a couple spoonfuls to the last of the almond butter and added a handful of raisins. YUM.

Then I  made these again. They are wonderful and finally something worked. I tried another gluten free dessert which didn't quite work because I am dumb and added quadruple the amount of honey so i needed to alter the recipe to make up for that mistake. It didn't bake but good thing it can also be eaten raw. Let's see what happens after it sits in the fridge for a bit. I want to try it again the right way next time.

After my baking exploits I did Bodyrock.  It has been really hard lately probably because of the heat. I almost didn't finish the workout but I pushed through and I am really proud that I did seeing as I did zero working out all week, just a ton of sweating cause its been at least 90 all day every day.

Feeling much better today than I have in awhile

No comments:

Post a Comment