Tuesday, August 2, 2011

More successful experiments

I made another batch of energy bars. LOVE THEM!


I also made these with a little variation. I didn't have nut butter so I used applesauce. They didn't fully cook in the middle (which is fine since they can be eaten raw and the recipe says to put them in the fridge) but maybe its because of the applesace. Next time I want to try with a nut butter and with less sugar and more fruit jam. They taste sweet but not much else. They are tasty though.

And I made a tasty salad since it waaaay to hot to cook for reals, especially right  before I want to eat. Everything in the salad is cooked but tasty cold. Maybe it's just me but I like food cold even if it was originally hot.

Green Quinoa Salad

1/2 cup quinoa
1/4 cup green lentils
2 cups brussel sprouts
2 cups green beans
ground garlic
salt
olive oil

1. cook lentils and quinoa. Mix and then spread onto a baking sheet to cool. (I also added flax meal and nutritional yeast)

2. coat brussel sprouts and green beans in olive oil, salt and garlic. Roast at 180 C for about a half an hour or until browned.

3. Set aside to cool.
4. when everything has cooled, mix and put in fridge until ready to serve.


The rest of today was an energy bar before the gym, an amazing strength class, a nectarine green smoothie, a few pieces of cucumber from the salad I made yesterday, A taste on a rice cake of the cinnamon pecan butter I made (also a new success!), and some roasted nuts. Mostly today was picking and tasting but I did't do much so it got me through the day. And I didn't overeat which is a success in itself

No comments:

Post a Comment