Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Continuing the search for the upset stomach culprit

I am still not feeling great most of the time, always bloated, feel very heavy after meals. going through a phase now where i don't feel hungry and I can only tell after I have eaten that it was the right decision, which sometimes leads me to eat too much.

I have been doing well at eating smaller meals though which has been positive.

Some thoughts
Tonight I had popcorn, which I usually don't eat but it is a nightly staple in our house and have had a few times in the last month. tonight I have an awful stomach ache after eating the popcorn.
lessons
1. you can't trust what other people make- must be vigilant about asking what is in it
2. avoid late night snacky junk food
3. avoid popcorn

I am going to try and avoid chickpeas. I have had them a lot in the last week and think they might be causing discomfort. If I have a sensitivity I will cry a lot cause I love chickpeas and they are super easy and all over the place in this country.

I want to cut out processed sugar for a bit and see what happens. Stick to fruit and applesauce as sweetener.

Here is a new list of my diet starting Sunday

No-Nos
gluten
dairy
sesame
coffee (this is also sad because I like drinking coffee and I prob won't stick to this very well)
chickpeas
almonds and pecans
processed sugar

I also want to avoid as much as possible night shades- tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant, and peppers. This is going to be hard but if I focus on making my own food I'll be fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment