Sunday, August 21, 2011

My New Guru

Ok that's a little extreme but I just finished reading Kris Carr's book Crazy Sexy Diet and am reinvigorated with new tools and suggestion on how to deal with my digestion problems.

A lot of the stuff she wrote about I already knew. I already don't eat meat and have cut gluten and dairy out but some definetely solidified my decision. I found the stuff about upping veggie intake significantly while lowering fruit intake was interesting and something I am going to try. I am also trying food combining to see if that works. Eating veggies with either a grain or a protein and not both. That will be somewhat difficult but I am going to try and much as I can.

I also really liked the stuff about chewing your food fully, helping your bodily functions and meditation. I am going to start doing meditation before bed every night and see if it helps.

So far I have added veggies to my morning smoothie and lowered my fruit intake. I have been having 1 fruit and 2 veggies in my smoothies and have been trying to make that the only fruit I have.

I am really impressed by her story and I hope that the stuff she write is actually true cause it is really mind blowing but I don't want to be taken for a ride.

So far today

carrot, mango, spinach smoothie (one of my best)
lettuce, tomato, carrot, cuke, lentil salad with nutritional yeast
carrot with cashew butter
rice cereal with rice milk and a few almonds

Also my gym class was super hard today. It still surprises me when this happens especially when I don't add new weight. Is this what happens after a week of not going to the gym? Am I not a strong as I think I am? I guess I'll just have to keep it up more regularly and be more motivated to do bodyrock.

No comments:

Post a Comment