Wednesday, August 3, 2011

White Night (and Day)

My second food sensitivity test was moved up to tomorrow. YAY, now I don't have to miss Hebrew.

That means today is white rice and white potatoes.

Instead I'll post about my success in Pecan Butter making.

I have been struggling with my nut making projects. None of them (sunflower, almond and cashew) came out the way I wanted. Gooey. They all ended up thick and crumbly. Don't get me wrong, they were tasty and I ate them but when I was in America I learned that store bought nut butter can stay thin and spreadable and dippable.

Finally with pecans, it worked. My food processor works much better with nuts that are roasted so I roasted the new batch of pecans I bought. After they cooled I put 2 cups in the food processor and let'er go. Within 2 minutes it was butter. I was over the moon. It needed to be flavored and this is where I messed it up a bit because I am into adding flax to everything these days. I added a tablespoon of cinnamon, flax and agave. It got thicker obvs because I added stuff to it but I didn't want to add oil to make thin again so I whirred it a few more times and then decided to let it be. Next time I'll just add some sweetener and no powdered stuff. But it is really tasty and still more spreadable then my sunflower butter.

I also did this workout this morning which was a bit on the easy side. Next time maybe 3 rounds would be more challenging. But I was exhausted this morning so an easier workout was probably better. Especially since I found out about a half an hour later that I can't have coffee or tea today.

No comments:

Post a Comment