Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Rice and Lentils...I'm in love

So I decided it was time to be more conscious of what I am eating...again.

Food journaling doesn't work because at this point my only regular symptom is bloating and mild constipation. So I don't really experience pain or gas or discomfort when I eat certain foods. Most times that I eat I feel bloated and I feel the worst when I overeat.

I have been doing a better job at not binging and overeating.

So this week I tried something new. Pretty much all of my meals had rice and lentils in them. I wish I had remembered to take pictures.

For breakfast I have been having rice, fruit, nuts and flax. And for lunch/dinner I have been eating a variety of cold and cooked veggies with rice and lentils. I think my rice to veggie ratio is tipped a bit too much to the rice but there has definitely been a difference. First my digestive system freaked out a bit but today wasn't so bad. I have also really only been eating 2 real meals and then small snacks. Usually I have breakfast and sometimes a snack between 9-11 am and then don;t get hungry until 3 when I usually end up eating a big lunch and then I'm not hungry again.

For example today I had a breakfast rice bowl and 8:30 with green tea. Then a carrot juice at around 11:30. And then lunch at 3 with a snack at around 4. Now it's around 8 and I'm not hungry.

It's interesting figuring out how to listen to my body when it is so unpredictable and I don't know what I am listening for. But I think I am doing a better job I just wish I could feel real big change.

No comments:

Post a Comment